My last partner was public phobic and didn’t want attention, I broke him of that real fast come on you really think you can stop ME from expressing myself?
At other times I’ve heard a list of boundaries which keeps me wondering if these men are looking for a partner or a version of themselves. They are controlling from the get-go about their expectations and limitations.
It’s extremely frustrating to meet a guy and the first words out of his mouth are: ” I don’t like going to the beach, hanging out with family and I don’t watch comedies”.
So I have developed my own pre-checklist of things I want in a man:
- You must be able to cook Lasagna
- You must love dogs
- Laughing and making fun of yourself is mandatory
- If you like younger women don’t date me
- If you are looking for a Mom I don’t do kids
- References to Simpsons, Seinfeld and any other show is awesome
- Hopeless Romantic (me so happy)
- Kissing, Holding Hands and Showing Affection is needed even in public
- Fixing things and heavy lifting is often required.
- Good listener will get you lots of brownie points
Now you will notice that my pre-checklist does not include things I don’t like, it is all about positive things that can make a relationship better…as Homer stated “You know something, folks, as ridiculous as this sounds, I would rather feel the sweet breath of my beautiful wife on the back of my neck as I sleep, than stuff dollar bills into some stranger’s G-string”.