I AM really to blame for not being in a relationship. Here she goes again you are probably thinking to yourself LOL.
Oh! not in that “it’s my fault type of way but more in the I’m too tired, not feeling well, can’t be bothered kind of way.”
I have honestly put very little effort into meeting anyone, even on Tinder I scroll through profile after profile dismissing – clicking the X instead of the 💗 like Ex’s & Oh’s – Reminds me of the song by #ElleKing.
Now, as I am extremely hopeful the medication and ultimately lifestyle changes help, maybe I can rekindle the cheekiness and sensuous side of myself again. How I’ve missed that happy-go-lucky healthy girl.
In my quest to get better I started the week with 12208 steps, as I mentioned in yesterday’s post Gaily Resolution my goal is 75,000 steps by the end of the week.
Already I am seeing signs from the way my body feels and looks that things might be going in the right direction. Folks are already commenting that my complexion looks better and rosier.
I do really miss cuddling and having someone to hang out, I also really miss hanging out with my friends and having the desire to get out of the house more. I don’t expect to meet Mr. Right but honestly Mr. Right Now might not be a bad thing either LOL.
So i went online for some tips to get back in the game – I thought these were hilariously funny.
It is all about how you feel about yourself – when you aren’t feeling happy, healthy and vibrant it affects everything including your libido and desire to be around people.
From a publication called The Source
1.Before getting back out there, make sure you are over your ex of 5+ years and he understands his place in your life is the past. Reason being, most men are still kids at heart. They play with the toy truck until they get sick of it, put it back on the shelf, then come running back when they see other little boys playing with it. Not this time, playa!
You don’t want to start dating and get distracted by your ex. If you’ve made the decision to move on, then look forward and keep peddling. During the time you are transitioning into dating again, be sure that you are completely comfortable with who you are and you can be happy on your own first.
2. Now, it may have been a few years since you’ve been on the market and chances are, things have changed. People text more than they talk on the phone when getting to know each other, he may not tell you directly that he’s feeling you but he’ll probably tell Twitter. Sad but true!
You may find that this makes flirting a lot easier since you have time to think of a response, and it gives you a little more time to take it to the next level. One night stands are hard to come by these days. Shout out to technology and social media.
3. Speaking of social media, do your research! Unless he’s living under a rock, chances are you can log on and see who he chills with, where he works, and probably if he’s a momma’s boy all by he’s Instagram feed. Don’t go complete stalker with this but as a loyal follower of his, there’s no harm in peaking!
4. Keep your options and your mind open. By options, I don’t mean you can date them all. This process requires you to be selective. It’s just important for you to understand, dating does not mean commitment and as long as you’re both on that same page it’ll be smooth sailing.
An open mind can take you to great places, and trigger a new side of you. We tend to compare a lot to our past relationships or look for what we’re used to. This time around don’t be afraid to try something new and let him open your mind to different experiences. That just might make you fall in love.
5. No Rush! Of course it feels secure when your committed, but you want to stray away from rushing into a relationship because it feels right, right now. Build a bond, friendship, and a connection past intimacy before giving yourself completely to that person. There is no time limit or expiration date on being single so enjoy this time and don’t complicate things by rushing into a commitment. This time, let him ask you about the next step, and don’t take it just because he is ready! The ball is in your court.
6. Last but not least, look good doing it! As a woman, this should stick with you –
So walking and looking good, sounds simple enough, I’m praying the positive prognosis will perpetuate a perfect plan.